Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane - Remember When?


I was organizing some photos yesterday when I came upon one that was taken in December, 1995. It was a birthday wish for my son who was turning 14.

Our local Shell station allowed personal messages to be placed on their gas price sign and I had taken a picture of the Happy Birthday message as all moms do to remember each special occasion for their children.

Take a good look at that picture. 99 cents for a gallon of regular gasoline! And to think I complained about the price - a whole dollar for a gallon of gas. What was the world coming to?

Well, gasoline around here is anywhere from $3.49 to $3.79 a gallon. What's that, more than a 300 percent increase in only 13 years? Too bad my income didn't grow with the gas prices. . . .

No comments: