Saturday, April 11, 2009

American Idol - Here It Comes!

american-idol.jpg

American Idol will hit your local FOX station on January 13th and 14th, 2009 at 8:00 pm with their season 8 premiere. I’m a big AI fan all the way back to Season 1. My favorite all time idol is Taylor Hicks. I was lucky enough to see him and the other season 5 idols in concert and it will be a memory I will cherish forever.

Season 8 will have some changes this year. The wildcard is back, there will be less of the ridiculous auditions and more Hollywood week. There will be 36 semifinalist instead of 24. How they proceed to the next week will be changing too.They will still be cut to 12, though, just like previous seasons. Also there will be no “American Idol Gives Back” show this year. It may return next year though.

The biggest and most talked about change is the addition of a 4th judge. Her name is Kara DioGuardi. She has been involved with helping different Idols make their albums.This is suppose help her know what the powers that be at American Idol are looking for.

aijudges.jpg

Even with the changes I’m looking forward to January 13th. I bet all American Idol fans are too!

No comments: