Saturday, April 11, 2009

Is It Cold Where You Are?

I live in the Piedmont area in North Carolina, pretty close to the Virginia border. It hasn’t been very cold so far this winter but the forecast for tomorrow and Friday will change all that. The lows tomorrow night and Friday night are suppose to be around 12 degrees. Now I know that is rather mild compared to the frigid temperatures the northern and some of the mid-western states have been experiencing but last week a few days were in the 70s.

Compared to the heat of the summer, I prefer winter. I can put on enough clothes to get warm when it’s cold but from where I’m from it’s illegal to remove enough clothes for me to be cool enough when it’s 95.

Unfortunately tomorrow it’s going to be windy. That can make a cold day very miserable. Although it’s rare, I hate being chilled to the bone. It sours my mood to no end. It rips through even the stiffest hair spray making my hair mess. I could tolerate the wind more if there were a few snowflakes blowing around but nooooooooooooo. Here it gets too cold too snow. I don’t know if such a thing is an accurate assessment but I don’t like it. It will snow for hours, nothing will stick. Weatherman says the ground is too warm for it too stick. It gets really cold and they say it’s too cold to snow. I want a happy medium and I want it NOW. Is a foot of snow on my birthday too much to ask?

No comments: