Saturday, April 11, 2009

Meet My SweetPea

sweetpea.jpg

There is a new member of my family. Her name is Sweetpea. I got her from our local animal shelter back at the beginning of October of last year. I had seen her on the animal shelter’s website and fell in love her instantly. Our animal shelter is only opened for limited hours a few days a week and on Saturday morning.

On Monday the website had about 8 dogs listed. On Thursday there was only Sweetpea (her then name was Fancy). I had decided that I wanted to bring her home that same afternoon BEFORE I saw she was the only dog listed on the website. I worried all that night and all day Friday (the shelter was closed) that someone else would get there Saturday morning before me and want her.

Needless to say I was there 20 minutes before they opened. I even stood at the door determined to be the first one in line which I was I’m happy to say. I got my girl and she’s the sweetest, cutest thing. I don’t know why she ended up at the animal shelter but I believe at sometime she belonged to a family because she was housebroken and took easily to her inside kennel. This little girl is so full of energy and such a clown. She even rides in the car just fine.

I would recommend to everyone if they are thinking of getting a dog to go to their location animal shelter. I went to the animal shelter get Sweetpea thinking she was the only dog there. I don’t know exactly how many were there but all the stalls were full…every single one of them. I asked why none of the dogs had pictures up on the website and she said she hadn’t had time to do it. Isn’t that sad? How many of those dogs might not get to get a home because she didn’t have time to take their picture and post them on the website. I even offered to help but she didn’t seem receptive to the idea. So if you don’t see any dog you like on the animal shelter website, go check out the dogs in person. Odds are you will find the dog you want.

sweetpea1.jpg

No comments: