Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sprite vs 7UP vs Sierra Mist

spritecan.jpg7up.jpgsierra_mist_1.jpg

Since Sprite, 7UP and Sierra are so close in taste I thought I would do a quick comparison. All three of these soft drinks are caffeine free, bubbly and clear. They are available with zero calories and come in both cans and bottles. The ingredients are closely the same as well as the amount of calories in the non-diet soft drink. All of the drinks contain dyes. Apparently it takes a mix of blue and yellow to make 7UP clear. I don’t know the dye mixture for Sprite or Sierra Mist. The biggest difference between the three soft drinks is the preservatives that they use. The diet versions of all three are also very similar.

I can find very little differences in the taste between Sprite, 7Up and Sierra Mist except that I can put Sierra Mist in the freezer until it’s half frozen (Sierra Mist is best icy cold). When it thaws out it’s not flat. Sprite and 7UP lose some of their bubbles when they are frozen and then thawed. So for me, Sierra Mist is the winner. Which do you like best?

Just for fun, I’ve included a recipe that I sometimes make with Sierra Mist. Enjoy!

Sierra Frozen Fruit Smoothie

  1. 1 cup Sierra Mist diet soda
  2. 1 cup frozen fruit

Place Sierra Mist and fruit ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and frosty.

No comments: